Communications systems are the vital link in your utility’s operations. They enable automation technologies and are essential to achieving higher reliability and security standards.
Decisions about communications systems are equally critical. POWER Engineers can take you through the maze of choices and challenges, helping you avoid common pitfalls and ultimately saving you time and money.
The right system for your needs
Our experience encompasses a wide variety of communication media, protocols and equipment. Plus, POWER has deep technical expertise in:
- SCADA design
- Substation automation and integration
- Protective relay system design
- Substation design and operation
Our designs address today’s challenges and provide flexibility that looks ahead to emerging technologies and future performance requirements.
NexStation Lab testing
POWER’s 1,400-square-foot NexStation Lab allows us to engage equipment vendors, monitor industry developments and perform system tests with your equipment.
We stay ahead of the trends, and you gain a secure and reliable system using current industry standards and technology.
- Utility telecommunication network planning and design
- Ethernet design
- SONET design
- Design-build specifications
- Communication studies
- Microwave planning and design
- Fiber optic design
- Power line carrier design
- Wide, metro and local area networks
- IEC 61850
- Migration planning
- OPGW specification
- Fiber-optic regenerator specification
- Substation local area networks
- NERC CIP security compliance
- Owner’s engineering
- Long-range planning
- System planning and analysis
- System protection and control
- SCADA automation and integration
- Network engineering and design
- Protective relay design and settings
- Microwave path and line-of-sight surveys
- FCC and FAA regulatory clearance
- NERC/WECC reliability analysis
- Vendor management and installation supervision
- Communication towers
- Radio interference studies (AM, FM, VORTAC, microwave)
- Cost estimates